Re: need two runs, web page cvs instructions inadequate for newbie

Lee> While you did not provide us with your orignal HTML file, I suspect it
Lee> contains a construct similar to the following:

Lee> oblivion]</small></p>

Erm, no no no.  It's more like: in my unique nifto Chinese to English
web page stripper process [tools all on my software page], I'm the one
who hands tidy a
hoping that tidy will eliminate those lines, but am worried that doing
that might mess up [my own or other peoples] tables or whatever... but
anyway... apparently tidy does what I want, but oddly not in one step,
and needs to be run several times until all the empty stuff is eaten
away.

Anyway in no case have i found tidy eating any actual ascii
content. it just eats the blank stuff, and i want to encourage its
appetite.

OH and by the way:
newbie goes to sourcefourge and tries to get the latest version from
cvs from the horizontally oversized web page there's cryptic messed
cvs instructions:

$ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.tidy.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/tidy
$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.tidy.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/tidy
$ cvs
$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.tidy.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot checkout tidy
$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.tidy.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/tidy checkout tidy
$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.tidy.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/tidy checkout
$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.tidy.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/tidy login
$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.tidy.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/tidy checkout tidy
$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.tidy.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/tidy login
$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.tidy.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot checkout tidy
who knows... newbie gives up.
 why dont you fellas, on the webpage there, list the actual steps a
newbie would use to "checkout" the entire tidy, so he could compile a
fresh version.   All one sees is mention of how to get a "module".

and by the way, along with the rpm's there ought to be source for
those monthly versions along side it... otherwise not 'open source'
[cvs is not same version....] well whatever, too black box for me.

also you wouldnt have to say which versions have asian chars turned
on, as i could configure that...

anyway maybe i dont want the cvs too unstable version anyway?
--
http://www.geocities.com/jidanni/ Tel+886-4-25854780