Re: Web-based Html tidy in Cold Fusion

From: Terry Teague <terry_teague@users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 01:21:46 -0800
To: html-tidy@w3.org
At 10:05 PM -0500 12/11/01, Basim Bazyar wrote:
>Hello
>
>I have 3 Question,
>
>1  Is there any way to run Tidy on the entire contents of a directory
>under Unix?

This can range from straightforward to more complicated depending on your
platform, "shell", and what you are trying to do.

For example my Tidy for Mac OS products employ a GUI, where you can simply
drag & drop files/folders/disks to the application icon to process entire
folders of HTML.

But if you are stuck with a command line version of Tidy, the following
should work (I'm not a UN*X guru), assuming "tidy" is in your PATH :

(a) tidy somedir/*.html

Will check all the HTML files in "somedir".

(b) for theFile in somedir/*.html
    do
	tidy ${theFile}
    done

This is for the standard "sh"/"zsh" type shells. You can use the ${theFile}
shell variable to do things like uniquely create output and error files
from Tidy based on the input filename.

(c) foreach theFile (somedir/*.html)
 	tidy ${theFile}
    end

This is for the standard "csh"/"tcsh" type shells. You can use the
${theFile} shell variable to do things like uniquely create output and
error files from Tidy based on the input filename.

>2 Do i need a permission from you to run HTML TIDY as web based on our
>server.

I am not the authority on this. I don't see a problem, but you should
consult the license agreement for Tidy at :

<http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-software-19980720>

>3 Meanwhile i am trying to write a web based version of HTML Tidy in
>cold fusion. So far is I have an upload site where the users upload

Sorry, I can't help you with this one.

Regards, Terry