Re: don't collapse two spaces at the end of a sentence

"Richard A. O'Keefe" wrote:

> In this mailing list, we're NOT talking about how the text ends up being
> presented.  We're talking about how the HTML source form is tidied, and
> arguments from "modern" typography (really based on mediaeval scribes'
> desire to cram as many words as they could onto their extremely expensive
> writing medium) are entirely beside the point.

Doesn't TeX do something more involved with end-of-sentence spacing?
How much bloat would it add to Tidy to make it smarter about punctuation
at the end of sentences, like TeX?  For the record, I used to be a "two
spaces or die" biggot, but I got over it.  Still, it would be nice if
Tidy allowed as much stylistic choice as possible in the internal
layout...
  / Todd_Lewis@unc.edu              http://www.unc.edu/~utoddl /
 /(919) 962-5273               Lord, give me patience... Now! /