Re: Error Behaviour in parsing and correcting HTML's

From: Terry Teague <terry_teague@users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 23:53:46 -0800
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
At 10:01 AM +0530 12/4/01, SaravanaKumar wrote:
>Hi,
>  Consider Parsing the below HTML.

><head>
><title>My Page</title>
></head>
><form action="something">
></form>
>

>The parsing result of the above is
>Note that the form is moved outside the table
>while the input tags are still inside the table
>but outside the form.

><head>
><title>My Page</title>
></head>
><form action="something"></form>
>

>Is there any option to handle such a case.
>I used HTMLKit to generate this.But all other tools with tidy
>are giving the same result.

No, there is no option to do what you want. When you Tidy the document, the
following error summary is provided :

You may need to move one or both of the <form> and </form>
tags. HTML elements should be properly nested and form elements
are no exception. For instance you should not place the <form>
in one table cell and the </form> in another. If the <form> is
placed before a table, the </form> cannot be placed inside the
table! Note that one form can't be nested inside another!

However thank you for your example - I discovered a minor bug in the
current (01 Dec 01) version of Tidy that didn't exist in the 04 Aug 00
version, that showed up with your example - I will try to fix shortly.

Regards, Terry