Re: Java version of HTML Tidy

From: Jacob Nordfalk <nordfalk@mobilixnet.dk>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:50:05 +0100
To: "Reitzel, Charlie" <CReitzel@arrakisplanet.com>
CC: "'Rick Beton'" <richard.beton@lineone.net>, html-tidy@w3.org, Sami Lempinen <sami@lempinen.net>
Hello, Charlie.

Actually I made a GUI and sent it to Sami Lempinen last friday,
and he seemed to like it:

> On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 04:01:01PM +0100, Jacob Nordfalk wrote:
>
> > I have made a GUI which allows people to play around with the
> > features, but also to work seriously (the Windows-GUI way).
>
> This is unbelievably cool, and in my opinion, has great educational
> (but also practical) value.

I was now waiting for him to put it into the CVS repository
or give me CVS access.

Meanwhile you can download and look at the GUI here:
http://hjem.wanadoo.dk/~mob18168/jtidy/Tidy2.jar

It's really easy to use, just double-click on the JAR file or type
java -jar Tidy2.jar   on the prompt. (Java must be installed).

I think the GUI is also quite useful for the more experienced,
becaurse you can play around with the tidying options and see
the changes on the HTML 'live'.

If there is interest I'll gladly make my simple GUI into something
more.

> Have a look at TidyGUI at http://perso.wanadoo.fr/ablavier/TidyGUI/.  André
> Blavier's package includes a COM wrapper, which I have used for batch
> processing on windows.

It looks nice (I don't have Windows, so I can't try it).

--
Jacob Nordfalk