W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > html-tidy@w3.org > October to December 2001

Problems with € and other characters

From: R. Kleverlaan <r.kleverlaan@klaever.nl>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 17:40:51 +0100
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <NFBBILKAHJPFHGPLGKJBMEFHCMAA.r.kleverlaan@klaever.nl>
Hello,

I have a simple question. I use TidyCom and some characters are removed by
TidyCom:
&euro; =  (&not;)
&permil; = 0

And a lot of other characters are updated the wrong way. Do you have a clue,
what I do wrong? At the bottom of this message I have included the Options I
use. I have tried to change the CharEncoding option, but that doesn't help.

Is this a general problem of HTML-Tidy or just a bug in TidyCom? I really
hope somebody can help me. I have sent an email to the creator of HTML-Tidy,
but (s)he did not gave a reaction.

With kind regards,
Ronald Kleverlaan

' -------------------------- Tidy Options --------------------
' Markup options
TidyObj.Options.Doctype = "loose"
TidyObj.Options.TidyMark = False
TidyObj.Options.HideEndTags = False
' Cleanup options
TidyObj.Options.Clean = False
TidyObj.Options.DropFontTags = False
TidyObj.Options.LogicalEmphasis = true
TidyObj.Options.Word2000 = true
TidyObj.Options.FixBadComments = true
TidyObj.Options.FixBackslash = true
' XML Options
TidyObj.Options.OutputXhtml = false
' Encoding Options
TidyObj.Options.CharEncoding = 0 '0=Raw 1=Ascii 2=latin1 3=utf8 4=iso2022
5=macroman
TidyObj.Options.QuoteMarks = true
TidyObj.Options.QuoteNbsp = true
TidyObj.Options.QuoteAmpersand = true
' Layout options
TidyObj.Options.Indent = 1
TidyObj.Options.IndentAttributes = false
TidyObj.Options.Wrap = 0
TidyObj.Options.BreakBeforeBr = true
TidyObj.Options.LiteralAttributes = true
' Operation Options
TidyObj.Options.Markup = true
Received on Thursday, 8 November 2001 11:54:28 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 3 April 2012 06:13:46 GMT