Re: PHP support

From: Allan Clark <allanc@caldera.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 11:04:11 -0500
To: Klaus Johannes Rusch <KlausRusch@atmedia.net>
CC: html-tidy@w3.org
Klaus, et al;

There's a certain desire to have code inline with the document cleaned
up.  My desire, for example, would be to have javascript code cleaned up
for me; this request seems to be a request to "code beautify" some PHP.

I think if this was done, we would want Tidy to recognize "hey this is
PHP code" and look at a list of "beautifiers" based on language or tag
type.  This way, the development of beautifiers isn't tied very tightly
with tidy, tidy can some execute child or co-processes to clean the
non-HTML non-XML code.

Does this sound logical?

Allan