Re: tidy wont fit on 80 char screen (fwd)

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> * Dan Jacobson wrote:
> >i know you dont answer email but your aug 00 tidy doesn't let one put a
> >space here.. therefore file wont fit on 80 char screen
> >
> >  <P>(This page is supposed to be at <A
> >   href=
> >  "http://www.geocities.com/jidanni/wwwoffle-jidanni.html">http://www.geocities.com/jidanni/wwwoffle-jidanni.html</A>)</P>
> >                                                           ^here
>
> Tidy must not insert a space at that location, better live with it.

Actually, it works fine *provided* the <a> start tag is preceded by
whitespace or is at the beginning of a block level element such as
modifying Tidy to preclude this conditional wrap point.

Regards,

-- Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> or <dave.raggett@openwave.com>
W3C Visiting Fellow, see http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett
tel/fax: +44 122 586-6240 (or 7351) +44 771 213 7629 (mobile)