RE: [Tidy-dev] Re: enclose-block-text bug

From: Parsons, Rick <rick.parsons@eds.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 08:51:13 +0100
To: "'html-tidy@w3.org'" <html-tidy@w3.org>
With all due respect, Terry - the report did say which version "Sep 1 cut
(Sep 15 build) of tidy [win32]", came with attached simple before and after
examples (they got through on my mail system anyway) and a brief study of
what caused the problem "It seems to be disturbed by inline elements, only
starting the <p> at the first raw text". I admit I didn't give a full config
file list but did give the option that caused the problem
"enclose-block-text: yes". If the full list is actually needed then I will
have to track back through my test system for it.

While I always look to your postings as informative and worth reading, my
mild plea of invisibility was not directed a anyone in particular. Also my
reporting of the problem was not especially a complaint as I don't use the
feature, but information for the developers that there was a problem in the
code which ought to be fixed.

It was my impression that the sourceforge bug trackers were a way of
recording the status of known and confirmed bugs, not a place for bugs to be
reported by Joe Public. If the latter, then it will get all sorts of
spurious bugs caused by a lack of understanding of the package (like "I run
it but no window appears"). Therefore I leave it to the developers to record
the bug when they confirm it is real and not caused by my own stupidity.

Cheers,

Rick Parsons

OPC: St. Ives and Towednack
R E N O W D E N One Name Study
West Penwith Resources http://west-penwith.cornwall.eu.org/
email: mailto:rick.parsons@bigfoot.com
website: http://www.parsons1998.freeserve.co.uk/
address: 18, Brighton Road, Redland, Bristol, BS6 6NT England
telephone: +(44) 117 974 1288