Re: BUG: Multiple unterminated <meta> tags in <head> block confuse parser.

* Lee Passey wrote:
>I am trying to tidy one of those bloated MS-Word .htm files.  In the
><head> block there are multiple untermintated <meta> tags, as follows:
>
><head>
><link rel=File-List href="./filelist.xml">
><title>MS Word document</title>
><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
> <o:DocumentProperties>
>... etc.

We have a bug here, Tidy puts out

[...]
  <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
   <o:DocumentProperties>

  </head>

For this sole fragment, i.e. it inserts some weired '>' and it doesn't
close the comment. However, as of today, it only complains about

  line 8 column 1 - Warning: adjacent hyphens within comment

(which is again a bug, a related bug I guess) I can't reproduce your

>The August 2000 version of tidy seems to deal with this fine, but my
>build based on CVS of about September 25, 2001 prints the error:
>
>line 7 column 73 - Warning: <meta> element not empty or not closed
>line 7 column 73 - Warning: inserting missing 'title' element

In fact, in your example only line 2 has 72 columns.

Could you please provide either a better test case or if the test case
is fine a configuration file to reproduce the problem?

regards,