Bug Report

From: Phil Groom <bookshops@christianbookshops.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:21:00 -0400 (EDT)
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Hi - and many thanks for an excellent utility: never realised how bad my
HTML was (and is - lots of changes I still need to make!)

A wee bug in the Mac BBEdit plug-in - the following error is reported
when an ampersand is part of an URL:
Warning: unescaped & or unknown entity "&title"

To put it in context, the line concerned (variations of which are used
extensively in my sites) is:

Is it possible to make Tidy recognise that the "&" is actually part of
an URL rather than an entity and is therefore acceptable?

Best regards and, once again, my thanks and appreciation,

Phil Groom,
Webmaster, UK Christian Bookshops Directory.

Find your nearest Christian Bookshop in the UK Christian Bookshops Directory!

The Directory, at <http://www.christianbookshops.org.uk>, includes
alphabetical listings by shop name and town or city, brief descriptions,
contact information and opening times for registered shops, web links
where available, a customised search engine and an opportunity for
visitor feedback or bookshop reviews. More than 300 stores are currently
listed: more are being added every week.

If you know of a Christian bookshop that isn't listed, please forward
this information to them and encourage them to register. It's completely
free. Thank you.

Hosted at Groomsville:  Websites for Discerning Surfers!