RE: Tidy becomes less forgiving

From: J. David Bryan <jdbryan@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:56:29 -0400
To: HTML Tidy List <html-tidy@w3.org>
On 18 Sep 2001, at 13:29, Reitzel, Charlie wrote:

> As I keep on saying, Tidy must straddle the fence between standards
> compliance and available implementations.

I fully understand what you are saying.  My assertion, though, is that if
Tidy is changed to "straddle the fence" and generate invalid HTML, then
Tidy ceases to be a useful tool for me and perhaps for others as well.
Whether that invalid HTML "works" on IE or Netscape is immaterial to me.

I'm simply pointing out that a change such as you are advocating may have
deleterious effects on Tidy's user base.

                                      -- Dave