Re: Gui Tidy

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:05:20 +0200
To: "Greg" <greg@diamondpaws.com>
Cc: <html-tidy@w3.org>
* Greg wrote:
>I downloaded your program from the W3C.org site. I gave run my index page
>through your program and corrected the warnings that were found. However,
>when I run it through the W3C sites validator it flags my index file with
>allot more warnings and some errors that your program is not seeing.  Why is
>this?

Tidy corrects some errors without further notice (this should not
happen) and the Validator is in general better aware of the rules
that apply to your document, e.g. Tidy's checks of proper nesting
and attribute <=> element relationsships are not as good as those
of the Validator. You should give us specific examples to get a
more specific analysis and we could then improve Tidy to flag those
errors.