to XML, not XHTML

From: Matt G <mattg@vguild.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 00:08:52 -0600
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
Is their a way to force Tidy to ignore "HTML good/bad-ness" and only convert
badly formed HTML into well-formed XML (which should be much more
efficient). Or is there another utility (COM interface preferred,
command-line okay, no GUI allowed) that will do this?

I don't care about producing good HTML/XHTML, all I need is to produce
something I can shove into an XML parser and use XPath/XSLT to extract data.
It will be used by automation scripts and robots.

    Matt