From: Fred Bone <Fred.Bone@dial.pipex.com>
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Send: 2001-08-19
Subject: Re: Tidy's handling of <noscript>

On 18 Aug 2001, at 19:23, Paul wrote:

> My HTML contains a sequence like this:

> <head>
>
> <script>
> <!--
>   some script statements here
> // stop hiding -->
> </script>
>
> <noscript>
> show this stuff when scripting not enabled
> </noscript>
>
> </head>

> Tidy's output moves the <noscript> block to within <body>;
specifically as
> the very first thing after <body>.

Seems the best place for it. Where were you expecting it to go?

What it's actually doing is: 1. finding <noscript> outside of <body>

3. deleting the now-superfluous <body> you supplied

> When I move the <noscript> block before the <script> block and
tidy again,
> the tidy output now has BOTH
neither is in <head>
> any longer.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this behavior? -v shows 30th April,
2000

The explanation above covers this case too: Tidy isn't "moving"
anything, it's inserting the missing <body> prior to <noscript>.

NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net