Re: New Emacs package: tidy.el

At 12:14 AM -0400 8/18/01, Kahlil (Kal) HODGSON wrote:
>I've just finished writing an Emacs package that provides an interface
>to Tidy

Thanks.

It seems we have at least 3 different implementations of Tidy Emacs support
(or is it Emacs Tidy support <grin>?) :

1) Philip J. Hollenback - XEmacs support

<http://www.hollenback.net/index.php?EmacsTidy>

2) Tod Matola - XEmacs support

<http://dublincore.org/2000/09/13/tidy.el>

3) Kal Hodgson

<http://discus.anu.edu.au:80/~kahlil/emacs/tidy.el>

All apparently with some contribution from Pete Gelbman.

I am not an Emacs user, but in case the above authors are not aware, the
core Tidy code is no longer singularly maintained by Dave Raggett, but
maintained by a number of developers, who have moved the development to
SourceForge. We are getting ready to release a new base version of Tidy
(with pre-built binaries for various platforms). The new version has a lot
more configuration options and supoort for additional character encodings
than the current 04 Aug 00 release.

The Emacs authors (and other authors who base their code on the Tidy
sources) will probably want to think about updating their code to handle
the new changes. You can either grab the live code now, or wait until we
announce a release.

For more info on the new Tidy development, visit :

<http://tidy.sourceforge.net>

or

<http://sourceforge.net/projects/tidy>

Regards, Terry