Re: Problems splitting into multiple cards

From: Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ignacio@openservices.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 00:18:25 -0400 (EDT)
To: Zeenie Louis <zeenie@innova-usa.com>
cc: "'html-tidy@w3.org'" <html-tidy@w3.org>, <gerald@w3.org>
On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Zeenie Louis wrote:

> Hi
> I'm trying to convert an html into wml page.
> My approch is to convert html to xml using Tiday and then xml to wml using xsl
> My html consistes of basically table with many rows. So I want to split the wml into multiple cards. Say 10 rows into a card.
> But I'm not able to do it in xsl. Can I get some suggestions on this or some code examples that would help me.
> Also I'm facing problems with &nbsp; with Tidy.
> Can some one guide me in converting an HTML to WML using Java environment.
> Thanks
> Zeenie Louis

You can do it with XSLT, you just can't necessarily do it cleanly.

Pardon my XSLT; I don't have my reference in front of me right now:

  <xsl:for-each select="tr">
    <xsl:apply-templates select="."/>
    <xsl:if test="(position() mod 10)==0 and !last()">

And don't use &nbsp; with XSLT; use &#160; or &#xa0; instead.

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams  <ignacio@openservices.net>