Re: HTML tidy and Win 2000

From: Peter Evans <evans@i.hosei.ac.jp>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 18:51:55 +0900
To: hannah nichols <h_3of6@yahoo.com>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org
> I have absolutely no clue how to run Tidy.
>
> I've tried based on the instructions on the
> wc3 page. but it just sits there, doing nothing!
>
> I am using Win2000 (against my will and better
> judgement).

Well, Win2000 is pretty good (at least by Microsoft's dubious standards)
and certainly way ahead of WinMe (a real pile of shinola).  More to the
point, I routinely and successfully use Tidy under Win2000.

When you say that the program just sits there, doing nothing, do you
mean that you can't even run it, or that it appears to run but does
nothing of use?  If the former, you have a Tidy-unrelated problem and
you'll have to figure out for yourself how to get a command line prompt,
etc.  If the latter, just what does it do?  (Error message?)

--
Peter Evans <evans@i.hosei.ac.jp>