Re: tidy not touching timestamp?

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Joseph M. Reagle Jr. wrote:

> In addition to tidy not reporting some errors [1], I've noted that when tidy
> changes a file it doesn't touch the time stamp (win2k). This means that I
> don't know about the fix, and cvs won't see a change and consequently won't
> publish the fix.
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/html-tidy/2001JanMar/0270.html

See the following option as described on the Tidy page:

keep-time: bool

If set to yes, Tidy won't alter the last modified time for files it
writes back to. The default is yes. This allows you to tidy files
without effecting which ones will be uploaded to the Web server when
using a tool such as 'SiteCopy'. Note that this feature may not work
on some
platforms.