Re: 1. BUG in TIDY -- 2. Summary attribute

From: Richard A. O'Keefe <ok@atlas.otago.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:27:06 +1200 (NZST)
To: a-altair@wanadoo.fr, html-tidy@w3.org
	1. BUG in the program "TIDY"
	--------------------------------------

	It's now (this afternoon march 17 2001) the first time I'm trying "Tidy".

Yes, but WHICH VERSION?

	<FONT face="times new roman">
	is replaced by

Doesn't happen in Tidy (vers 8th July 2000) in a test I just did.
Is there a preceding element with a missing quote?

	2. What is "summary" attribute ?

	What could be this so important "summary attribute" ? I've
	searched on the net, without success.  TIA for answering.

It is clearly spelled out in the HTML specification, which
is very easy to find at http://www.w3c.org/ .  That is the first
place to turn with *any* question about HTML.

In summary, the "summary" attribute, like the "alt" attribute, is a
way for you to plug in a description of a table (summary) or image (alt)
for the benefit of audio browsers.  You definitely want to check the
guidelines for web accessibility, also to be found at the W3C site.