Re: tidy without indenting?

From: Peter Evans <evans@i.hosei.ac.jp>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:22:04 +0900
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Cc: pim.media@vantage.nl
> Can I use tidy while leaving the indents of my page as they were?

No. The first paragraph under the subtitle "Layout style" within
http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/ explains not only that this isn't
possible but also why it can't be an added feature.

If you're desperate to preserve a laboriously contrived layout -- and I
know I sometimes am -- then here is a (probably more laborious)
workaround. Ignore Tidy's standard output and instead read its
error/warning file (the file you specify after the "-f" switch), making
your own corrections to the original file as appropriate.

--
Peter Evans <evans@i.hosei.ac.jp>