Tidy feature request

From: Bischoff, Alex <Alex.Bischoff@xpedior.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 08:27:02 -0600
To: html-tidy@w3.org
I write HTML for a living, but I'm also an avid user of Tidy :). I don't so
much need it for my own code, but it is quite handy when I have to work with
other people's code.

Anyhow, I've always liked Tidy, but the indenting never seemed to look right
to me, even when I configured it to closely match my own indenting style.
But, just yesterday, I figured out the difference.

Normally, I keep lines at about 100 chars long. But, I generally keep to
that length for the actual code, not counting the spaces/tabs for indent.
So, some lines might be, say, 100 chars of code, plus 8 chars of indention.

Could there be an option in Tidy to simulate this effect -- to be able to
set the line length not-counting-indenting?

Alex Bischoff                                              3812078 on ICQ
 export-a-crypto-system-sig RSA-2-lines-PERL
 Proof That There is Strength in Numbers --> http://www.distributed.net/