Re: Question about pre tag transformation

From: 岡本 浩之 <hokamoto@mse.mei.co.jp>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 17:39:41 +0900
To: "Richard A. O'Keefe" <ok@atlas.otago.ac.nz>
CC: html-tidy@w3.org
Hello, Mr.Richard.

I'm very sorry I'm late for your response.
I see what you mean. Thank you.

And now, I have another question.

HTML Tidy transforms a line in html content like below A to a line in xml content like below B.

A.
<A>AAAAAAA

B.
AAAAAAA

<A> is lost by HTML Tidy.
I want HTML Tidy to transform a line A to a line A.

When <A> tag has an attribute like 'href' or 'name', HTML
Tidy keeps <A> tag.
But, when <A> tag does not have an attribute, HTML Tidy
deletes <A> tag.

What should I do if HTML Tidy keeps <A> tag when <A> tag
has no attributs?

Best Regards.