working with buffer in memory

From: Eliasson, Johan <johan.eliasson@softronic.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:00:18 +0100
To: "'html-tidy@w3.org'" <html-tidy@w3.org>

Hi folks!

I'm new to this list, found tidy when searching for
html parsing code. Excellent job, it seems to almost
exactly what I need !

I understand that tidy is working with files, stdio I/O ?

Let me describe my project, and maybe you can give me
a little advice on how to go about doing what I want.

I have a memory buffer filled with a html page, that
I need to parse, so that I easily can locate a specific
tag and extract everything inside it, from the start-tag
to the corresponding end-tag, as a block of text (not a tree).

How easily can this be done, and do you have any helpful
advice for me ?

Thanks !!

Regards,
               Johan E.