XHTML Known Attribute Values Conversion to Lower Case

From: Jason Grigsby <jason@kavi.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 13:44:28 -0800
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
I've been working with HTML Tidy to do conversion of HTML to XHTML. The one
piece I'm struggling with is trying to find streamline conversion of all
caps attribute values to lower case values for values that are defined in
the XHTML DTD.

For example, in many of our existing HTML files, we have code like:

In XHTML, the only acceptable values of align are "left", "right", "center",
"justify" or "char". These are case sensitive.

It seems like that should be a way with HTML Tidy to streamline conversion
of these known XHTML attributes values to be valid against the DTD by
changing to lowercase "LEFT".

Is this possible? If not, does anyone know of another way to streamline
this? This *seems* like a great feature for a future version.

Thank You,

Jason