Re: [html-tidy] xhtml tests

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Elisabetta D'Alessandro wrote:

> Unfortunately the problem remains the same for meta tags.
> I wrote a test file that includes some xhtml errors.
> One of these was just the following:
>
> Tidy has not modified this, and moreover has added this line:
>
> When I try to validate the html document these lines are reported as
> mistakes.

Please post your test file: I'm not seeing this problem.

However, I do see another problem when I try the command I gave:
Tidy reads from standard input, and ignores the -asxml option.
(Another anomoly: tidy --help produces no output at all.)

Moving the -asxml to the start of the line works:

deltab@char ~/exp/tidy $ cat testfile.html
<title>test</title>
deltab@char ~/exp/tidy $ tidy -asxml -f err.txt -m testfile.html
deltab@char ~/exp/tidy $ cat err.txt

Tidy (vers 4th August 2000) Parsing "testfile.html"

testfile.html: Document content looks like HTML 2.0
no warnings or errors were found

deltab@char ~/exp/tidy $ cat testfile.html
<head>
<title>test</title>