Re: tidy - ? html tree number

From: Gary L Peskin <garyp@firstech.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 09:25:46 -0800
To: Chunbo Shao <cxs0187@omega.uta.edu>
CC: html-tidy@w3.org
Chunbo Shao wrote:

> Hello, Gary
>
> very sorry to trouble you again. I already have no food or drink for
> almost the whole day up to now. Would you please still help me?

Major --

No trouble at all.  But you should take care of yourself.  It will catch
up with you!

> As to your guide, i comment the setXmlTags() line. The result in the
> attached treef.txt looks very good now. But, please see the attached
> out0.html which is used as the input for TestDOM.java, the children of
> it?

No, it's six, see below.

> i think <body> has 5 children:
>  "If you were not...", <br>, "Please go to:", <a...>,<p....>.
> am i right?

There is a text node consisting of a single blank between the <a...> and
the <p...>.
If you want to eliminate it, change your html to:

from

... NEW Home</a>

... NEW Home</a><p><font ...

HTH,