<script> bug?

From: April <awhite@mail.rosecom.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 18:10:22 -0400
To: tidy <html-tidy@w3.org>
I am experimenting with interfacing the COM with a small HTML editor
I'm playing with in visual basic, and I am quite pleased with the
results
so far.

I do question the interpretation & correction of:

<script language="JavaScript">
</script>

which becomes:

</script>

If I use:

<script language="VBScript">
</script>

it remains unchanged!  If I examine the warnings / errors returned by
the COM, it states that a 'type' is missing, but if I examine the
updated
html content, there is no script type added.

I guess I have two questions:
1.  is the 'type="text/javascript"' correct, or should it be
'type="text/script"'?
2. is the behaviour with VBScript a bug?

Thank you
April

p.s. I've just joined the list