Re: SourceForge Project Approved

Hi,

   let me first say I've asked Masayasu Ishikawa to point Dave on the
recent discussions regarding the future development of HTML Tidy since
we liked to hear what he thinks about this. Thanks Masayasu.

* Dave Raggett wrote:
>On Wed, 23 May 2001, Reitzel, Charlie wrote:
>
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> Would you be willing to join us in the Source Forge version?
>> It would be a real boon to the project. Or would you prefer
>> us to track your updates?
>
>I am grateful for other people who are prepared to take up
>the baton for supporting Tidy as I know that I don't have
>enough time to do this myself. I have been doing a fair
>amount of work over the last 8 months, but never got to the
>point where I felt comfortable making a new release.

I think we'd greatly appreciate a list of the things you've
changed/fixed. This would ease to go through the archives to
collect bug reports/feature requests/bugfixes.

>How about:
>
> a) I commit to finishing off in June the major things
>    that I have already started on
>
> b) We use email to discuss the design changes needed to
>    separate Tidy into a front end and a thread-safe back
>    end library
>
> c) I remain available to consult on design changes/bug
>    fixes, but the majority of the work is picked up by
>    others
>
> d) The W3C tidy page directs people to Source Forge

Sounds great. We should move to a sourceforge mailing lists
for b) since not all subscribers to html-tidy@ will be
interested in this.

>With increased man power, perhaps it make sense to think
>about test suites and regression tools (at least for the
>common sets of option values).

Yes! I focussed on what Tidy should do (and sometimes
doesn't :-) in the past, I'd happily work an a testsuite
to monitor this.