RE: FW: Making HTML Tidy a supported library

From: Reitzel, Charlie <CReitzel@arrakisplanet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 15:56:53 -0400
To: "'Richard A. O'Keefe'" <ok@atlas.otago.ac.nz>
Cc: ablavier@wanadoo.fr, ac.quick@sympatico.ca, dforcier@macromedia.com, html-tidy@w3.org, info@sl-chat.de, derhoermi@gmx.net, teague@mailandnews.com
Hi Richard,

Have a look at my previous posting.  I'd be curious what you think.  My
basic thinking is that Tidy couldn't use a DOM, because the whole point of
Tidy is that you can throw all kinds of mal-formed slop at it and produce
nice clean code.

But it seems to me that Tidy would be great to produce a DOM.

Bjoern's approach of traversing the internal Tidy tree and emitting SAX
events seems like a good one in principle, but I wonder if you can
adequately capture HTML in SAX events (designed to present XML).  That said,
a Tidy-To-DOM filter seems like another great application for a Tidy
library.

I look forward your article when it comes out.  Will you post a link?

Charlie