Tidy seems to ignore <input> fields outside the context of <form>

From: Morten W. Petersen <morten@thingamy.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 20:51:32 +0200 (CEST)
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Hia guys,

I'm currently developing a Calendar application, and during testing found
that using Konqueror and pressing any of the buttons on the right hand
side of the attached HTML file didn't give any results.

So, I tried to find the fault using tidy, but no go.  It went happily
along complaining only about missing summary attributes.  Aren't <form>
tags required around <input> type elements?  (Lynx complained about this
BTW).

Also, just playing around a bit with tidy, I found that it ignores extra

Both of the 'bug-producing-html-files' are attached.  The version of Tidy
was "Tidy (vers 4th August 2000)".

Anyways, I think tidy is a great utility, keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Morten