Re: Fixing duplicate definitions of an attribute

* Daniel Lieuwen wrote:
>I suggest that duplicate definitions of an attribute, e.g.,
>
><foo num=7 num=8 y=9 num=3>
>
>not simply be flagged with a warning, but repaired to the appropriate
>value using the last attribute definition

There were several people who requested this feature. I agree that a lot
of people actually need such a feature since they want to produce a
wellformed parse tree, but i disagree with your suggestion. If their
value is equal Tidy can just throw away one of the attribute
definitions, but if they are unequal, Tidy has to decide which attribute
definition rules. Several Browsers including MSIE 6 use the _first_
value and throw the other values away, Tidy should adopt this behaivour
upon user option.
--
Björn Höhrmann | mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de | http://www.bjoernsworld.de
am Badedeich 7 | Telefon: +49(0)4667/981028 | http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de