Tidy on Mac OS X

From: <jpub@myrealbox.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:59:18 -0400 (EDT)
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Has anyone managed to get Tidy working on Mac OS X? I got it to compile by
modifying the makefile to use cc and tweaking platforms.h. It works fine
on HTML files with UNIX line ends, but it gets confused when I try run it
on an HTML file that uses Mac line ends.

The obvious workaround is to always use files with UNIX line ends. But is
there a simple way to get tidy to recognize Mac line ends properly (either
at compile time or run time)?