Re: HTML TIDY ENQUIRY

From: Peter Evans <evans@i.hosei.ac.jp>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:22:41 +0900
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Cc: "Charles Ezechukwu" <charles_ezechukwu@hotmail.com>
Hi. You have various questions about Tidy. I'm not the author (and
indeed have contributed nothing whatever to the development of the
program); I'm just a grateful user. Nevertheless I think I can answer
most of your questions, or refer you to good answers.

See "Introduction to Tidy", near the top of http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

It's free. See http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/#download

> ( your copy icon is blocked)

Sorry, I don't know what you're referring to here.

> (3) How can one save a 'tidy file'

I suppose you mean a "tidied" file: a file that is produced by Tidy. How
you do this depends on the version you're using. If you're using the
command-line version for Win95/NT (etc.), you do this via standard
redirection: >tidiedfile.html

http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/ is the instruction manual.

> I am interested in registering. . . .

If you're thinking of the "Press Here to Register" button at the top of http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/ ,
this does not register the program but instead registers you for a
service that will tell you when a new version of the program is released.
As for Tidy, you don't register it, though the author would be grateful
to receive a postcard from you -- a *real* postcard, on paper.

--
Peter Evans <evans@i.hosei.ac.jp>