RE: Tidy flags idref as an unknown attribute

My mistake.  I guess I read that too fast....

Sorry for the blurt-mail and thanks for the response.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Raggett [mailto:dsr@w3.org]
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2000 9:30 AM
To: rickr@rivio.com
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org
Subject: Re: Tidy flags idref as an unknown attribute

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000 rickr@rivio.com wrote:

> FYI,
>  The latest (August) version of Tidy is flagging idref as an
> "unknown attribute" in <label>.
>
> <label idref="name">Name:</label>
> <input type="text" id="name" />

That's because the attribute you are looking for is called "for".
The HTML4 spec says:

 The for attribute associates a label with another control
 explicitly: the value of the for attribute must be the same as the
 value of the id attribute of the associated control element.  More
 than one LABEL may be associated with the same control by creating
 multiple references via the for attribute.

Regards,

Dave Raggett