Re: Using tags that not existing in HTML 4.0 and keep it in code afte r parsing with JTidy

From: Dominic Jackson <domjackson@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 17:03:50 -0000
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
On the same note (sorry to bore anybody who may have read the previous mail from me on the same subject).

Can anyone tell me why jtidy changes the following html ('heading' being a custom in-line tag) in the way it does (when converting to valid xml)- I guess it may well be that the html doesn't conform ?

( is it illegal for an in-line tag to appear within a font tag ? ).

INPUT HTML:
    <heading>
        <b>Some text</b>
    </heading>