Re: PHP tags within a link

On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, Ian M. Evans wrote:

> Just wondering how to handle the insertion of PHP variables or scripts that
> occur within a link.
>
> For example:
>
> <a
> href="http://digitalhit.master.com/texis/master/search/mysite.html?q=<?php
> echo $celebsearch; ?>">
[...]
> Is there anything I can do to stop tidy touching the <?php and ?> within a
> link? It leaves them alone properly outside a link.

Don't do that then!

Seriously, don't use php inside a tag, but replace the whole tag:

<?php echo '<a href="http://digitalhit.master.com/texis/master/search/'
        . 'mysite.html?q=$celebsearch">'; ?>

Of course this needs the end tag, and possibly the contents of the
element, to also be generated by php, or tidy will complain about
mismatched tags.

hope this helps,
--
Daniel Biddle <deltab@osian.net>