Re: XHTML Validation

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:57:35 +0100
To: "Ian M. Evans" <ianevans@digitalhit.com>, <html-tidy@w3.org>, "Dave Raggett" <dsr@w3.org>
* "Ian M. Evans" <ianevans@digitalhit.com> wrote:
| >Is your script enclosed in comment marks to avoid entity
| >expansion?

| I noticed that shortly after I wrote the email. BTW, I had
| tried using the CDATA tags around the scripts before but I
| was getting JavaScript errors in the browser.

When Dave asked how to deal with this issue, I responded

  <script type="text/javascript">
  <!-- --> <![CDATA[ /> <!--

    // script data without ]]> goes here

  </script>

would be a working and conformant method to 'escape' script data. Since I got
no reply, i try it now again :-)

And as I'm here, I ask you, Dave, again, to add the german translation of
XHTML 1.0 to http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/translations

regards,
--
Björn Höhrmann ^ mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de ^ http://www.bjoernsworld.de