Tidy Bug Report to Dave Raggett

From: Virtuallender <virtuallender@bossmail.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:21:14 -0500 (EST)
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
Hallo Dave,

my name is Caspar-David. My english is not very well, but i try to explain.

I use TIDY as a third part integration with NoteTab Light.

When a noscript-Tag is placed in the header (head - /head -section) of the HTML-File instead of the correct place in der body, i allways get following message from TIDY:

line 30 column 1 - Warning: </head> isn't allowed in <body> elements
line 32 column 1 - Warning: <body> isn't allowed in <body> elements

When the noscript-Tag is placed in the body-section, all seems fine.
I think the interpretation of the warnings is incorrect, because the rest of the HTML-structure is correct implemented:

html head title /title noscript /noscript /head body /body /html

So you see, there are no warnings about the incorrect placement of the noscript-Tag. I think this must be changed or am i wrong?

I dont explore any problems with Netscape or MSIE when noscript-Tag is placed in the header-section.
But Netscape sometimes ignores CSS-Styles like margin when noscript-Tag is placed in der body-section.
So i use noscript in der header and not in the body.

Thank you and BYE

Caspar-David