HTML Tidy

From: Lenore Snell <lenore@accesslease.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 21:06:32 -0400 (EDT)
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Are there proposed changes to HTML Tidy to bring it up to widely used
code? For example:

1. These days the </p> is almost always dropped. I think that started a
couple specs ago.....
2. The table summary attribute is almost never used and the table still
loads fine in almost every browser out there. Is it necessary to spit
out those warnings?
3. Why support CSS? It's not even widely adopted (or should I say
implemented very well) in standard browsers to date. To give an example
of what I mean, go to a site with layers and try to print it out in
Netscape and then in Explorer. You'll see it's pretty dangers to develop
a site navigation based on that. I do agree with the concept of CSS
although I strongly recommend not using it because of it's lack of
real-world support by major browsers to date. It's just as easy to type,
for example, the text and links colors in html and do a search/replace
to fix it (maybe this is a few seconds slower but it does and is
supported by all browsers).

--
Lenore Snell
Web UI Manager