Re: JTidy and java.lang.NullPointerException

From: Terry Teague <teague@mailandnews.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 23:49:24 -0700
To: html-tidy@w3.org
At 3:17 PM -0400 10/2/2000, Kent Johnson wrote:
>Parsing this file gives a NullPointerException in JTidy:

><head>
><title></title>
></head>
><input type-"hidden" name="language" value="IT">
>
>The problem seems to be that at line 2651 of Lexer.java
>     Report.attrError(this, this.token, value, Report.BAD_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE);
>
>value is null.
>
>Using BBEdit Tidy (based on the C version of Tidy) gives a different error:
>line 6 column 1 - Warning: <input> attribute "type-"hidden"" lacks value
>
>I don't know why the behavior is different or where the error is
>being caught in the C version. Any suggestions for a fix?

The current version of BBTidy (v1.0b7) does have some additional fixes that
the current (04 Aug 00) base "tidy" C code doesn't have. In fact, some of
these fixes were derived from proposed fixes by various people for the Java
version of Tidy.

For more specific information on the known bugs and bug fixes in Tidy that
I have documented, visit :

<http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1057/tidybugs.html>

This list isn't quite current - I haven't had time to update it with the
latest known bugs.

Hope this helps.
Regards, Terry Teague