Re: table and form

From: Sebastian Lange <lange@cyperfection.de>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:57:39 +0200
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
I think the basic point of Monsieur Baptiste was:

If Tidy finds <FORM> inside of <TABLE> (but outside <TD>), it should move
the <FORM>...</FORM> around the table rather than creating additional
tables (as it does now).
I agree with him, and I think that Dave is already aware of this problem,
if I remember right it has been discussed about 2-3 months ago.

I am very often surprised by the suggestions of some people on this list:
why would I be using Tidy if I could manually edit the HTML input? I use
Tidy because I can not edit the HTML input, but want the output to be
correct, standards conforming HTML.

So, please, for the future: if someone comes up with a problem, let's not
lecture him about how he should correct his false HTML input, instead,
let's think of possible ways how we can teach Tidy to correctly handle such
input.

sebastian.

--
Sebastian Lange