Re: table and form

From: Sebastian Lange <lange@cyperfection.de>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:57:39 +0200
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
I think the basic point of Monsieur Baptiste was:

If Tidy finds <FORM> inside of <TABLE> (but outside <TD>), it should move
the <FORM>...</FORM> around the table rather than creating additional
tables (as it does now).
I agree with him, and I think that Dave is already aware of this problem,
if I remember right it has been discussed about 2-3 months ago.

I am very often surprised by the suggestions of some people on this list:
why would I be using Tidy if I could manually edit the HTML input? I use
Tidy because I can not edit the HTML input, but want the output to be
correct, standards conforming HTML.

So, please, for the future: if someone comes up with a problem, let's not
lecture him about how he should correct his false HTML input, instead,
let's think of possible ways how we can teach Tidy to correctly handle such

Sebastian Lange
Maybe the first chat site that validates as HTML
4.0 even though user input may contain HTML codes.

Courtesy to Dave Raggett's HTML Tidy:

Tidy your documents ONLINE: