XML output, 2 errors

From: Evan Lenz <elenz@xyzfind.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:51:56 -0700
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>

Even though I set -asxml, the output was not well-formed.  These are the two
errors I've come across:

1) < and & are not escaped in uncommented blocks of JavaScript
2) duplicate attributes are not removed

Regarding #2, in the event that the values are exactly the same (which was
the case in my work), Tidy should simply delete one of them.  If they are
different, one of the values should be thrown away.  Which?  All but the
first?  (I don't care.)

I'm trying to generate an XSLT stylesheet from HTML input by the user (after
being Tidied).  So far, it works beautifully, except for the two problems
mentioned above.

Evan Lenz
XYZFind Corp. "Building Better Search"