RE: tidy4aug00 update

From: Sebastian Lange <lange@cyperfection.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:54:09 +0200
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
At 01:15 11.08.2000 -0400, Jelks Cabaniss wrote:
>Sebastian Lange wrote:
> > If "indent-SYSTEM-id: yes", should it look like (a) or like (b)?
> >
> > (a)
> >          PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
> > <!DOCTYPE html
> >          PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
> >          "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
> >
> > (b)
> >          "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
>The second one.  For the first, you'd probably want something like
>"indent-PUBLIC-id" ...

You're right, of course. I actually think now that my first suggestion
didn't make much sense.

>Does that CGI at your site post-process Tidy's output?

Yes. All the options on blue background are performed by regular
expressions on tidy's output. All the options on grey background are passed
to Tidy. I find this a very convenient way to quickly fix certain issues,
especially since my knowledge of C is way under what I would like it to be.

My favourite configuration for creating XHTML documents is this:

Sebastian Lange
Maybe the first chat site that validates as HTML
4.0 even though user input may contain HTML codes.

Courtesy to Dave Raggett's HTML Tidy:

Tidy your documents ONLINE: