The output-xhtml option recognises framesets, but inserts an incorrect DOCTYPE

From: Mike Hardy <Michael.Hardy@arm.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 11:31:28 +0100
To: html-tidy@w3.org
I have problems using the output-xhtml option with source documents that
specify a frameset. I believe this is a bug.

If my source document is a validated XHTML Frameset document, Tidy
recognises it:

"<filename>" appears to be XHTML 1.0 Frameset

but then changes the DOCTYPE to XHTML Transitional.

Similarly, if I pass a validated HTML document using framesets, Tidy
recognises it:

"<filename>" appears to be HTML 4.01 Frameset

but outputs XHTML with the DOCTYPE set to XHTML Transitional.

This is not the behaviour I expected from the documentation on the Tidy
home page:

--

Mike Hardy
Documentation, ARM Ltd