Re: addendum to <BASE> & www.aok.de

From: Fred Bone <fred.bone@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 23:07:12 +0100
To: html-tidy@w3.org
On 17 Jul 2000, at 17:40, Sebastian Lange wrote:

> so please find attached the file that I sent to tidy, if you want to try
> and reproduce the problems...

Are you sure that the <BASE> was not added by Netscape? When I view
the page using Opera, there's nothing before the <HTML>.

Anyway, the file you attached has <BASE> not even within <HTML>.
Given that, I don't think you can criticise Tidy for failing to
produce the "right" rearrangement. I haven't tried, for example,
starting a document
 <H1>First heading</H1>
 <HTML>
 <HEAD><TITLE>title</TITLE></HEAD>
 <BODY>
but I wouldn't complain at whatever Tidy made of it.

Garbage in, garbage out!

.. FB