Java Tidy fails for cnn.com

From: Masaoud Taher Moonim <masaoud@pspl.co.in>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:59:27 -0400 (EDT)
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
Hi all,

I recently downloaded Java TIDY from :
http://www3.sympatico.ca/ac.quick/jtidy.html

I ran JAVA TIDY on http://www.cnn.com to convert the page
to XHTML. The page is converted, but when I try to see how
the XHTML page is rendered on Internet Explorer it looks
totally different, as compared to the original HTML.

I also used the HTML TIDY on http://www.cnn.com to convert
the page to XHTML. This time the page was rendered normally.

I also tried the above 2 steps on other sites like yahoo.com,
amazon.com, etc. For these sites there is no problem while
rendering the page.

I have attached 3 html files to this mail.
1. Original html of cnn.com
2. XHTML Version using HTML TIDY of cnn.com
3. XHTML Version of cnn.com

Could anyone please tell me if I am missing some configuration
of JAVA TIDY, which is causing this error while rendering ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Masaoud