feature request: release date in META GENERATOR

From: Sebastian Lange <lange@cyperfection.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 11:29:38 +0200
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Hello Dave, not that this is crucially important, but, however,
I would like to see tidy include the release date in its META GENERATOR tag.

Possibly a solution wold be to change in lexer.c, line 785:

	AddAttribute(node, "content", "HTML Tidy, see www.w3.org");
	AddAttribute(node, "content", "HTML Tidy %s, see
http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/", release_date);

I have to state clearly though that my knowledge of C is quite limited
(unfortunately), and most of that limited bit I forgot already... :(
I believe that further at the beginning of lexer.c, a line like
	extern char *release_date;
would have to be added.

Hope this works...

sebastian