Re: the development of tidy

From: <JAMESICUS@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 14:56:23 EST
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Dave:

In a message dated 3/30/00 12:37:00 PM US Mountain Standard Time, you wrote:

>  Tidy is not a validator, but unlike a validator, Tidy aims
>  to fix up errors in HTML documents. Tidy is useful in
>  dealing with machine generated or hand edited markup.
>  At some point the development of Tidy will stop as the
>  number of bugs/enhancement requests dies down.

I sense that you are a person who shies away from syrupy accolades, Dave,
nevertheless I do want to convey to you just how much I appreciate what you
have done with "Tidy" - one of the best facilities I have found for producing
"well-formed" web pages.

Thanks,

James Pickering
Tucson, Arizona
jamesicus@aol.com

Brazilian Cacti in Cultivation
http://members.aol.com/jamesicus/

An Italic Writing Copybook
http://members.aol.com/corsiva/

Tools and Information for producing well-formed Web Pages
http://members.aol.com/jamesicus/wf.htm