Re: Purity vs Practicality?

From: Larry W. Virden <lvirden@cas.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:48:36 -0500 (EST)
To: HTML Tidy List <html-tidy@w3.org>
Re: ability to include new tags via config file

Good point.  However, _by default_ tidy's configuration doesn't, I believe,
include any of the non-standard tags.  So someone has to take a specific
action to get Tidy to deal with something 'invalid'.  In those cases, Tidy
should not generate a DOCTYPE that indicates the page is one of the
known standards; instead, perhaps, it should require the user to provide
a different doctype, even if that means they have to write one...

--
Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden@cas.org>
-><-